These posts are part of Pure- Photography Challenge. What can be more Purer than Flowers in terms of its beauty! Lets try this week on Creative Flower Photography. While exploring my photography portfolio I came across these creative flower photography. You can have look at my other photographs in my Photography Portfolio, Photolia.
Day 3: Creative Flower Photography
Just to have background of an ongoing series on Creative Flower Photography, you can read my previous posts,
Today I am going to introduce Kaas Pathar, locally also known as Plateau of Flowers. Kaas Pathar is 125 kms away from Pune, situated near Satara. Most of the photographers, tourists and bloggers may be aware about this beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here follows a brief information on this beautiful site.
Kaas Pathar: Must for Creative Flower Photography
Kaas Pathar is rich in bio-diversity with various types of wild flowers blooming annually in the months of August and September. The plateau changes its colour every 15-20 days during the monsoon as the cycle of flower plants progresses. Hence best time to visit the place is during the monsoon and that too in August and September. Key highlights of the Valley of Flowers,
- Kaas Pathar is spread over an area of approximately 1,000 hectares
- Kaas Pathar has more than 850 different species of flowering plants
- About 624 species are listed under threatened Species and 39 species of flowers are found on Kaas Pathar only. This gives importance to the site for botanical studies and research work.
- The information on visiting, tickets and booking can be found on the official website of Kaas Pathar. Best time of the year to visit is August and Spetmeber.
- For Flower Gallery you can search google or visit the official website of Kaas Pathar.
Times of India also mentions Kaas Pathar as Western India’s very own Switzerland!
I am sure you will have a lot of fun and photography there in Switzerland of Western India!